Moving towards the end of a chapter
Nearly six years ago, I reflected on the four years in London. A end of a phase on my life, and embarking on another. Whenever I fly in and out of Singapore, I still vividly recall the worries that accompanied my thoughts of a career with the N I used to have, particularly with the uncertainties and difficulties, and whether I will disappoint anyone else as well as myself. As I approach the six year mark since returning, I once again am closing another chapter of my life.
These years have not been without pain and sorrow. Yet, they have also not been without exciting, happy and proud moments. In particular, I believe I have grown in many ways I had never imagined. Ideas of leadership, professionalism, which are often talk about, and things I learn how to turn into reality. Dealing with the entire range of issue from the most painful to the most enjoyable, asking myself all sort of questions I never thought I would have to, are things that did help me understand others and through it myself.
Z asked me, if I had a choice again, would I have chosen the same path. I do not know what is the next step ahead, but at this moment in time, I would say that given the options then, I would choose the take the same path. I wanted to have the chance to see the world, to learn and experience things I would never have a chance to, and I was to make a difference. All these I feel I have achieved, and in many ways beyond my wildest dream.
Yet, I must move on. Not neccessarily to greener pastures but to newer pastures, and I want something in life, which I believe I will never be able to have if I choose to remain. I want to have the ability to be with my loved ones, particularly my DD (and our kids in the near future), my parents and brother, when they need me. I want to continue to widen my horizon to see and learn new skills, which can benefit people, and can serve me well into the future. I want to do something exciting, with more liberty, and more freedom. Yet, as WK once told me, the older one gets, the harder it is to find people who are willing to teach us things. Hopefully, I will continue to find people who will teach me to be a better and more useful person. (hopefully not too many of them are teaching by negative examples.. haha.. but some people who can show me the way).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home