Chalcography
Its felt kinda interesting walking around town (or say, walking into town). Its been some time, since I really walked around, to walk and look around. After leaving the car at Rochor, I headed into town towards the Singapore Art Musuem.
The Lourve Chalcography collection on display was quite intersting in a couple of ways:
1) I have not seen a map of such proportions for some time
2) The art of chalcography is new to me
3) Prints of famous painting at the Lourve (Mona Lisa, Liberty Leading the People etc)
It also set me wondering, whether the enormous collection at the Lourve, actually causes visitors to overlook the beauty and speciality of the lesser greats, or even the masterpieces themsevles.
Although i think the tiks are a bit pricey, for such a small collection, its kinda interesting to both people who have not been or who have been to the lourve.
1) I have not seen a map of such proportions for some time
2) The art of chalcography is new to me
3) Prints of famous painting at the Lourve (Mona Lisa, Liberty Leading the People etc)
It also set me wondering, whether the enormous collection at the Lourve, actually causes visitors to overlook the beauty and speciality of the lesser greats, or even the masterpieces themsevles.
Although i think the tiks are a bit pricey, for such a small collection, its kinda interesting to both people who have not been or who have been to the lourve.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home