What we saw at SEAFORD...
Slightly over 1.5 years ago, I followed A & O on a hike along the south coast of England, hiking over 20nm from Seaford to Eastbourne. Along the way, we came across a structure which I had no idea what it was.
O did guess that it was some radio equipment, but we weren't quite sure what it was used for.
Apparently, it called a VHF Omni-directional Radio Range (VOR) or Doppler VOR (D - VOR), used for aircraft navigation. We were certainly also amused that it was in the golf course. Hopefully, it doesn't fry anyone.
Ah.. the seaford photos do bring back memories of that hike. It was a very beautiful hike to Seven Sister, but gosh, it was such a long long long long hike.
1 Comments:
Wow it's so cool. Can't believe the VOR's actually that big n cool looking.
I was actually imagining some handphone base-station like transmitter mounted on a pole somewhere. Afterall, technology's so advanced... guess maybe not that advanced.
Hrm... are you into another one of those atc meng huan fei ji chang games again? :P
Post a Comment
<< Home