Sunday, May 21, 2006

What does life mean...

Was with JZ just now, and as I listen to him play me Pacabel's Canon Variations, and later pieces from Yanni, I felt a sudden sense of looking at the choices that I've made, what I have chosen and what I have chosen to neglect...

Not sure bah.. but looking at JZ, I sort of felt that he would be a very multi-talented individual when he grows up. His studies are alright, but he plays many differnet sports very well (Squash, Basketball, Tennis), and he plays the piano with such great sense of emotions and interest. I guess when I grew up, and the times today still remains, where one capability and success is measured by such narrow a set of criteria, that often than not, one has to give up somethings here and there...

nah.. its not abt regreting, just thinking about the choices that I have made as a child, as a youth, and how reflecting on these things shapes the way I see and think of things for the future bah..

If I had a child, how would I like my child to be like? I guess, its that sort of thinking as well bah... Definetly not to follow a path of my choice, but rather, how to allow him/her to see what each choice and aspect of life means bah.. haha.. a bit too cheem ah... haha...

In a way, I think I've chosen certain things in life over others, and that in some ways led me to where I am and what I have seen and gained in life... maybe some of which were choices of pure laziness.. haha.. some of which were choices which had to be made.. and others.. well... maybe its a bit more grey.. haha...

Looking ahead, what is the choice then.. haha.. that's for me to know bah... and I think I have something in mind...

Maybe we should all not overly narrow our perspective of what one's achievement and success in life is, and open our eyes to carefully reflect upon what does life really means to all of us.

I don't think it is all the same, though not neccessarily totally mutually exclusive..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lately, I've been reviewing some choices as well, and am wondering a) whether they are reversible, b) whether I want to reverse them, and c) whether I chose the path I chose because it's the more difficult one.

Somehow, I realise where the trigger / the switch is.

And I wonder, what happens if I switch it back?

5/27/2006 08:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home