Saturday, April 15, 2006

Changes in life...

Not too sure why I haven't quite seen WJ's blog for a week+, probably because he does not seem to update very often? haha.. :p but something he said together with K, actually rings in me bah...

In some sense, I think I have been very fortunate. Been back for half-a-year, and if I were to ask myself how different my life is in Singapore and in London, I think the differences is actually just the exact way of life and not the fundamentals.

So what changes:
School-Work (which makes live now less flexible, but schooling is 24/7 too what...), Cook-Don't cook (in some sense I do miss the cooking, sigh..., but I guess I'm kinda lazy as well.. haha), Housework-No Housework (something I never complain), Move around a lot-Move around less (mainly travel bah, and shopping...)

Else, I still largely get my freedom, independence,which are I guess the tenets of overseas life bah...

I did once say that I love London, especially my life in London. Perhaps it all these tenets bah, but maybe it was also something more... but maybe its something one has to read more into...

I really enjoyed the ~5 times escaping to Birmingham for the weekend, and ~5 times hosting Hock in London. Not sure why, maybe it was those moments that I really felt that I left everything and just went away for a short while. Of course lah, many things were taken cared for, which allows that bah.... I guess that is something I did miss, yet, I think one also has to see that in context, in why that was neccessary, which I think ain't the best of reasons. 无忧无虑... hmm.. really?
Was thinking the other day, in some ways, I miss the feeling of boarding the train alone travelling out of London, and returning to the city. Perhaps the train gives that solid feeling of one moving away from day-to-day life bah... haha.. and how my phone will ring and I'll say, 'I'm not in London, will be back on Sunday... we'll talk abt it when I get back...' haha...

I guess its really as I said when I left London half-a-year ago, it wasn't quite the place alone which I did enjoy the strolls around, but really, its been all the wonderful people who were there for me all the time... who made my life in London so very much easier and so very much more meaningful... if there is something I will always fondly recall, it's this bah...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home