Maids in Singapore
If there is any trend to look out for, this is certainly one of them:
Singapore accused of maid neglect
Not the chain of maid abuse by crazy and psychotic employers... I mean, these people can be quite horrid lah... we had a domestic helper since i was 6 loh, and I have never seen or heard such things at home... those people are just ridiculous lah...
But does that mean, that the current legal structure governing FDW is insufficient. Does incorporating them into our Employment Act really solve anything?
I don't think people should be overly naive about it, nor should they get too emotional. Approach the matter practically and realistically. Clearly, things could be improved, and in some sense, the pay of the domestic workers is not really due to employers being stingy. Consider how much employers are already paying to the govt for maid levy, and you will think otherwise.
Singapore accused of maid neglect
Not the chain of maid abuse by crazy and psychotic employers... I mean, these people can be quite horrid lah... we had a domestic helper since i was 6 loh, and I have never seen or heard such things at home... those people are just ridiculous lah...
But does that mean, that the current legal structure governing FDW is insufficient. Does incorporating them into our Employment Act really solve anything?
I don't think people should be overly naive about it, nor should they get too emotional. Approach the matter practically and realistically. Clearly, things could be improved, and in some sense, the pay of the domestic workers is not really due to employers being stingy. Consider how much employers are already paying to the govt for maid levy, and you will think otherwise.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home