A thotful sunday...
Not sure why, but today has been rather odd so far. Some odd questions that I receive and some questions which run thru my mind. On the former, I was asked questions like 'whether I kept a persian cat', which took me a while to figure out that it was a misunderstanding; and on the work arrangement for monday, which I will settle in due time.
On the latter, I guess the sense of 'planning' and 'thinking ahead' is starting to set-in, after what has been for myself, a very sweet and beautiful week. WJ highlighted something between himself and J, of how two people expect commitment within a highly uncertain environment; and I wonder, whether one is making insufficient commitment by not clearly knowing what to do and when, or is one expecting too much commitment when one has yet to clearly consider the longer-term implications. Maybe, maybe.
Something WJ said reminded me, that many people somehow see marriage as a end in itself, that relationships move towards marriage, but yet, it seems odd to me that it is so. Marriage is a not an end in itself, but rather, an event that celebrates and further binds the love that two people share; and relationships should not be aiming to end with marriage (and then work from there), but rather, perhaps it should be about developing the relationship between two individuals who love and care for one another, and who chooses to share their lives. haha.. maybe I'm too idealistic on this... maybe... but somehow, I still do believe in it.
But its right, that as things slowly get into place, that one should really sit down, and consider the implications in the longer term. Not in any hurry, but perhaps, the gears should be set in motion.
ZY asked me the other day, if I knew what SH disliked to eat, and clearly, he knew that I did not know. Well, I knew what my family members not eat, but what my cousins not eat? ... well, that's not quite easy... and he said that I did not know them well enough
I think, somehow, no questions hit me as hard on the head, as the one on lifestyle.
On the latter, I guess the sense of 'planning' and 'thinking ahead' is starting to set-in, after what has been for myself, a very sweet and beautiful week. WJ highlighted something between himself and J, of how two people expect commitment within a highly uncertain environment; and I wonder, whether one is making insufficient commitment by not clearly knowing what to do and when, or is one expecting too much commitment when one has yet to clearly consider the longer-term implications. Maybe, maybe.
Something WJ said reminded me, that many people somehow see marriage as a end in itself, that relationships move towards marriage, but yet, it seems odd to me that it is so. Marriage is a not an end in itself, but rather, an event that celebrates and further binds the love that two people share; and relationships should not be aiming to end with marriage (and then work from there), but rather, perhaps it should be about developing the relationship between two individuals who love and care for one another, and who chooses to share their lives. haha.. maybe I'm too idealistic on this... maybe... but somehow, I still do believe in it.
But its right, that as things slowly get into place, that one should really sit down, and consider the implications in the longer term. Not in any hurry, but perhaps, the gears should be set in motion.
ZY asked me the other day, if I knew what SH disliked to eat, and clearly, he knew that I did not know. Well, I knew what my family members not eat, but what my cousins not eat? ... well, that's not quite easy... and he said that I did not know them well enough
I think, somehow, no questions hit me as hard on the head, as the one on lifestyle.
3 Comments:
i think to some degree, marriage is a committment to live and grow together. and i admire those who confidently and resolutely make this committment.
marriage is a piece of paper.
Marriage is like selling pirated CD. You are constantly waiting to break into a run, you don't make a profit from it and sooner or later, you're going to lose a lot of money.
Post a Comment
<< Home