Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Workaholism

If there is anything about me, if there is something that interests me, I can get rather engrossed by it. And often than not, that turns out to be my work. And that takes ups most of my mind, feelings and life; that until work becomes boring and uninteresting. ... maybe again... haha..

Although work began out with very much uncertainty and instability, the working environment has changed significantly, and perhaps, I have indeed grown up much over the last few years. Although things remain very uncertain and very unstable, I guess I am taking this uncertainty and instability better, and living with it. Perhaps a clear sign of this, is that I actually feel that its ok to stay back for duties and to sail on weekends. haha.... maybe SSGS did have an impact on me, perhaps... but maybe not.

Life has not really stabilized, but perhaps, at least for the next 6 mths, the instability is a certainty, and that, is perhaps what I will come to live with. Time can be scarce, but time is also scarce to get what I want to do done at work. I guess only after the next course, will I seriously consider what my life will be beyond work.

Perhaps, currently, it'll be Harry's at Boat Quay on days when I'm free enough to pop by in the evening; or maybe somewhere else more interesting that will pop up.

Maybe I'm trying to engross myself with work, or maybe I'm trying to forget that I can have a life beyond work, but currently, I'm not quite feeling it. haha.. apparently, most of my colleagues seem to have quite balanced lives.. .haha.. hmm... except me. haha... gosh... hmmm.... Is there something wrong with me? hmmm ... haha...

5 Comments:

Blogger the third wei said...

what's harrys?

9/14/2005 10:42:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Takes time to flow with the punches.

9/15/2005 09:06:00 am  
Blogger city_walker said...

Its the Jazz Bar

9/15/2005 06:34:00 pm  
Blogger christine said...

there's one at the esplanade too

9/16/2005 04:27:00 pm  
Blogger city_walker said...

yupz, but they feel different. I think the one at esplanade feel more formal, the one at Boat Quay feels more pub like.

9/17/2005 06:46:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home