packing up...
Was asked whether I had loads to pack, and most interestingly, KC asked if I was emtionally packed. Actually, I have no clear answers to both.
The shippers are comin later this morning, and I have gotten the boxes ready. Not quite sure where some of the items are yet, but I can't seem to locate anything I'm suppose to pack anymore. The rest, I would either discard, give away, or bring it in my suitcase when I fly. I only hope that what I have unpacked, will fit.
Emotionally, I'm not sure. Is it the going home? Is it the work? Is it the leaving London after 4 years (of which technically, I only spent 2 years here in terms of days)? Yet, I think its all of them, and yet, none of them.
Unlike most people who fear going back, and losing their freedom, I don't think I have the same problem, when I already have much freedom when I am in Singapore. 4 years been a long time, and in retrospect, apart from primary school, where we did the same thing at more or less the same place for 6 years, life has always been about some sort of changes, and perhaps, 4 years is the right time, to movc to somewhere else and do something different. Job wise, to a large extent, I do look forward, though I am concerned with the type of boss and crew that I will meet. Hopefully, both will be good. So, going back, what else is there to pack?
If there is anything unique about my life in London, its about the number of people who passing thru my life, and whom I pass thru in theirs. People who come and go, and who are in all sorts of far flung places in the world. There are people that I will miss, but there are also people who I miss at home. I guess that's part of life.
The shippers are comin later this morning, and I have gotten the boxes ready. Not quite sure where some of the items are yet, but I can't seem to locate anything I'm suppose to pack anymore. The rest, I would either discard, give away, or bring it in my suitcase when I fly. I only hope that what I have unpacked, will fit.
Emotionally, I'm not sure. Is it the going home? Is it the work? Is it the leaving London after 4 years (of which technically, I only spent 2 years here in terms of days)? Yet, I think its all of them, and yet, none of them.
Unlike most people who fear going back, and losing their freedom, I don't think I have the same problem, when I already have much freedom when I am in Singapore. 4 years been a long time, and in retrospect, apart from primary school, where we did the same thing at more or less the same place for 6 years, life has always been about some sort of changes, and perhaps, 4 years is the right time, to movc to somewhere else and do something different. Job wise, to a large extent, I do look forward, though I am concerned with the type of boss and crew that I will meet. Hopefully, both will be good. So, going back, what else is there to pack?
If there is anything unique about my life in London, its about the number of people who passing thru my life, and whom I pass thru in theirs. People who come and go, and who are in all sorts of far flung places in the world. There are people that I will miss, but there are also people who I miss at home. I guess that's part of life.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home