An odd day
Not sure why, but clearly, my days after getting back from Ireland is only getting odder... haha..
As the writer's block remains quite effective, which means I can't write much, I somehow damaged by glasses as I apparently rolled onto it in bed. As a result, there was an additional reason to go out today, which was to get my glasses fixed.
Not sure why I seem to attract attention, though not neccessarily all good. Did see a rather interesting looking person on the bus to Covent Gardens, and oddly, everyone around me got off at the same stop, and it was quite luckly because by then, I had fallen asleep and that interesting person actually had to wake me up because I was in his way.
When I got to Opital Express, the two receptionist looked at me in such a unusual fashion, and when I said my glasses needed fixing as I squashed it, both of them started laughing. Seemingly, they found it rather amusing, and they even had to reluctantly bring my glasses into the workshop for repair. The receptionist who was left there, started asking me how it all happen, and if I were to know better, she appear to think that the person who produces such amusing words could be interesting as she tried to keep up a conversation with me.
Maybe my sunglasses said something, but clearly, the boring me inside just had nothing much to say, and when the phone rang and she had to answer the phone, I stangely felt relieved. Well, they tried, but after two attempts at fixing it, and a reassurance that I will not hold them responsible for breaking it, the man from the workshop came to speak to me and told me he had tried his best and that the damage was too big. However, he did make it better, and will probably last for some time. That it will last, is something I really hope so.
After leaving school, I decided to go to See Woo to pick up some bee hoon, and when I was there looking for bean paste, something dropped right next to my feet. Apparently, it was a packet of frozen prawns, and the person who dropped it was extremely apologetic, and she was also friendlier than most people I was expect to see (ok, i don't expect anyone to be friendly to others in supermarkets... haha..). After bumping into her again at another shelf, and being asked to help her with locating the price-tage (which I could not, and when I asked a member of staff, she said she had no idea), she actually thanked me. I mean, that's nice isn't it? I guess thank you isn't a word you hear very often when you are buying groceries.
Then, I headed to Tescos, where an even more unusal thing happened. As there was a congestion of people at the end of the one of the shelves, and I with my bag and basket found it difficult to make my way through, a man stopped and made way for me to go through. What was odd, was not his action, but his gaze. He looked at me in a somewhat odd way, almost as if I was an exhibit, and I thought this guy probably has never seen an Asian before. He then followed me in the supermarket through the bread section, and after deciding on the bread I wanted, he asked me whether I was japanese. I mean, oddly, no one thinks I look China Chinese these days, LJ said I looked Korean, S said I looked Hong Konger, and now Japanese. After telling him I was Chinese, I headed for the cashier and he quickly tore off his newpaper and started writing, and he chased me to the cashier to pass me his number, and told me to call him. gosh... what was I to say? What he wants, I have no idea.... haha...
On the way back, I noticed a rather odd couple walking along Fleet St turning into Farrdingdon, when although both of them were holding hands, it appears that they seem rather distant. It made my wonder about women, and how they percieve relationships. I mean, I don't think its really uncommon that women stay in relationships because they cannot bear to be single, and what is even more common is how women either ask or make a hell of a fuss over why their bf act in a certain way or not do certain things, and the way women often appear to think is, 'why can't you be like this', or even better 'why can't you be like other people's bf?'. The mentality that 'if other people's bf can do it, why can't you', is something I find rather amusing. Why should this sort of mentality even stand, and why do women actually think this way? Somehow, I think guys tends to think less in this way.
As the writer's block remains quite effective, which means I can't write much, I somehow damaged by glasses as I apparently rolled onto it in bed. As a result, there was an additional reason to go out today, which was to get my glasses fixed.
Not sure why I seem to attract attention, though not neccessarily all good. Did see a rather interesting looking person on the bus to Covent Gardens, and oddly, everyone around me got off at the same stop, and it was quite luckly because by then, I had fallen asleep and that interesting person actually had to wake me up because I was in his way.
When I got to Opital Express, the two receptionist looked at me in such a unusual fashion, and when I said my glasses needed fixing as I squashed it, both of them started laughing. Seemingly, they found it rather amusing, and they even had to reluctantly bring my glasses into the workshop for repair. The receptionist who was left there, started asking me how it all happen, and if I were to know better, she appear to think that the person who produces such amusing words could be interesting as she tried to keep up a conversation with me.
Maybe my sunglasses said something, but clearly, the boring me inside just had nothing much to say, and when the phone rang and she had to answer the phone, I stangely felt relieved. Well, they tried, but after two attempts at fixing it, and a reassurance that I will not hold them responsible for breaking it, the man from the workshop came to speak to me and told me he had tried his best and that the damage was too big. However, he did make it better, and will probably last for some time. That it will last, is something I really hope so.
After leaving school, I decided to go to See Woo to pick up some bee hoon, and when I was there looking for bean paste, something dropped right next to my feet. Apparently, it was a packet of frozen prawns, and the person who dropped it was extremely apologetic, and she was also friendlier than most people I was expect to see (ok, i don't expect anyone to be friendly to others in supermarkets... haha..). After bumping into her again at another shelf, and being asked to help her with locating the price-tage (which I could not, and when I asked a member of staff, she said she had no idea), she actually thanked me. I mean, that's nice isn't it? I guess thank you isn't a word you hear very often when you are buying groceries.
Then, I headed to Tescos, where an even more unusal thing happened. As there was a congestion of people at the end of the one of the shelves, and I with my bag and basket found it difficult to make my way through, a man stopped and made way for me to go through. What was odd, was not his action, but his gaze. He looked at me in a somewhat odd way, almost as if I was an exhibit, and I thought this guy probably has never seen an Asian before. He then followed me in the supermarket through the bread section, and after deciding on the bread I wanted, he asked me whether I was japanese. I mean, oddly, no one thinks I look China Chinese these days, LJ said I looked Korean, S said I looked Hong Konger, and now Japanese. After telling him I was Chinese, I headed for the cashier and he quickly tore off his newpaper and started writing, and he chased me to the cashier to pass me his number, and told me to call him. gosh... what was I to say? What he wants, I have no idea.... haha...
On the way back, I noticed a rather odd couple walking along Fleet St turning into Farrdingdon, when although both of them were holding hands, it appears that they seem rather distant. It made my wonder about women, and how they percieve relationships. I mean, I don't think its really uncommon that women stay in relationships because they cannot bear to be single, and what is even more common is how women either ask or make a hell of a fuss over why their bf act in a certain way or not do certain things, and the way women often appear to think is, 'why can't you be like this', or even better 'why can't you be like other people's bf?'. The mentality that 'if other people's bf can do it, why can't you', is something I find rather amusing. Why should this sort of mentality even stand, and why do women actually think this way? Somehow, I think guys tends to think less in this way.
8 Comments:
fwoah. how did the tesco guy look like? was it the covent garden tesco? the oriental pub is very near by leh.
you got ever look china chinese meh?
sigh.. zwen zwen.. i think girls can sometimes get a little jealous u see.. it's like sometimes when they see other girls being treated that way.. they get so green that sometimes.. they forget to tell their bfs nicely that they perhaps want to be treated in a certain way and end up questioning them why they are not treating them in that way...
sorry if it seems horribly convoluted.
I bump into the guy again at Chinatown today... he looked kind of familiar... not sure where I saw him...
hahah. i know.. sometimes that happens.. but for me.. it's always with the wrong pple.. like i remember this lecher in chinatown.. he was damn weird
what was the tesco guy's name? haha. scally i know him. :p
how old is he?
this is what he gave me:
paul
02072788026
let's do prank calls!!! hahahah
900 dollar specs, n you broke it?!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home