Tuesday, August 16, 2005

life is like a sauce...

If there is any sauce that I quite enjoy making, its carbonara. as a result, I don't usually have carbonara outside... sigh... one less choice...

But while carbonara is nice, the problem is, one gets rather sick of it quite easily... more easily than a tomato base sauce...

But I think today is the first time I made carbonara for YX and ZT. Don't really recall making much pasta for them, and definetly not carbonara.

Have been wanting to try to make a Hollandaise sauce, but never did quite get round to it. I guess what's been hold me back, is what I am suppose to do with the egg white after that. haha... any suggestions?

Anyway, finally sent out the letter to cancel my vodafone, though I'm not quite sure how long it will take to get to them. sigh... which mean, more money from me to their bloating coffers... I mean, what kind of world are we living in, why does it even take them 30 years to terminate an acct?

Found a new interest of late : bread. I can't make it, but eat it. After that wonderful bread at Sicilian, Ennis, Ireland, I am so very looking forward to one day finding it again. So, that led to the latest interest. If there is anything that I really have not done justice to my time in London, and staying at Tower Hill, it is going to Borough Market. How could I have possibly allowed myself to not go to Borough Market. ahhhh... so, i made it a point, that I must go there this friday... to get myself some really nice food... maybe nice bread, nice bear/alcohol (hmm.. thinking hard on getting the Chambord... still contemplating... sigh... so complicated), and maybe some nice seasonal fruits and vegetables. Sounds exciting yah?

Will think about going to selfridges to buy some stuff home, if I can be assured that I will be able to claim back my VAT. I might consider getting a Chambord, Sanderman, or anything that appears.. haha... shall see... not that I like to go to selfridges though.... shall see...

What worries me most currently, is how on earth I am to get to Tuas when I go to work. sigh....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home