Back from Ireland
Getting back to a normal lifestyle, after a week in Ireland was odd, but not too bad.
Was a little reluctant to attend the Steering Group meeting today, as I was not sure whether it would be useful, and although much fewer people attended, and the issue which I was hoping that they would address was not discussed, some of the items raised did help me further develop my argument. This I guess is good.
After leaving ULU, thot of having a nice simple and healthier dinner, but as it was getting rather late and YX and ZT was not home for dinner, decided to go to Kam Fong instead, where as usual, I had a nice bowl and soup and fruits (complements of the house), and have bean shoots with sliced beef which was good. What was unsual was the people around me.
Initially, there was a group of four people on my right (2 guys and 2 ladies), and one of the guy was so very odd. He kept on making sexual comments about his partner (things which you usually don't expect people to talk about in public), and I think although he thought it was fun, I am not quite sure the rest of them agreed because they were generally quiet about it, especially the other pair. I mean, I'm quite liberal, but talking about handjobs and sexual preferences of others over dinner, isn't exactly something I would expect to hear and see.
Thinking about being liberal, had a rather interesting incident at the steering group meeting today, over the choice of a art decoration to be place on Lisle Street later this year, with the controversy over the sentence "吃玉米, 拉玉米. 吃地瓜, 拉地瓜.". Well, I think this matter is far more complicated than merely the words being considered by some as rude or inappropriate; but that is for my work to answer.
The other odd group of people I met at Kam Fong was just before I finished dinner, was two american guys who sat on my right. I guess it was really only one of them who was such a prick, as he tried to have fun by speaking to the waitress in a flititious way, when clearly, the waitress wasn't exactly in the mood. He thought that it was funny, but I think he is a damn irritating ass, who thinks the world of himself.
People use to say that London was expensive, but hey, Ireland isn't exactly cheap, and with the current exchange rates, Ireland is in many ways much much more expensive than UK itself. Not only is the VAT much higher, the cost of public transport and the cost of food and drinks are also much higher.
The west coast was extremely beautiful, in Co Clare & Co Galway, in terms of the historical relics, the natural landscape, and the very frenly people. One of the most interesting thing was seal bay at Inishmor, where we saw large seals in the natural environment. Dublin was interesting as well, with tonnes of Chinese migrants (which was interesting to me), and we walked all over the city to see all the sights. If there is anything that we did lots of, it was lots of walking, walking around Inishmor as well as in Dublin including the dock areas. Tried after the trip, but I think a week was just nice.
Was a little reluctant to attend the Steering Group meeting today, as I was not sure whether it would be useful, and although much fewer people attended, and the issue which I was hoping that they would address was not discussed, some of the items raised did help me further develop my argument. This I guess is good.
After leaving ULU, thot of having a nice simple and healthier dinner, but as it was getting rather late and YX and ZT was not home for dinner, decided to go to Kam Fong instead, where as usual, I had a nice bowl and soup and fruits (complements of the house), and have bean shoots with sliced beef which was good. What was unsual was the people around me.
Initially, there was a group of four people on my right (2 guys and 2 ladies), and one of the guy was so very odd. He kept on making sexual comments about his partner (things which you usually don't expect people to talk about in public), and I think although he thought it was fun, I am not quite sure the rest of them agreed because they were generally quiet about it, especially the other pair. I mean, I'm quite liberal, but talking about handjobs and sexual preferences of others over dinner, isn't exactly something I would expect to hear and see.
Thinking about being liberal, had a rather interesting incident at the steering group meeting today, over the choice of a art decoration to be place on Lisle Street later this year, with the controversy over the sentence "吃玉米, 拉玉米. 吃地瓜, 拉地瓜.". Well, I think this matter is far more complicated than merely the words being considered by some as rude or inappropriate; but that is for my work to answer.
The other odd group of people I met at Kam Fong was just before I finished dinner, was two american guys who sat on my right. I guess it was really only one of them who was such a prick, as he tried to have fun by speaking to the waitress in a flititious way, when clearly, the waitress wasn't exactly in the mood. He thought that it was funny, but I think he is a damn irritating ass, who thinks the world of himself.
People use to say that London was expensive, but hey, Ireland isn't exactly cheap, and with the current exchange rates, Ireland is in many ways much much more expensive than UK itself. Not only is the VAT much higher, the cost of public transport and the cost of food and drinks are also much higher.
The west coast was extremely beautiful, in Co Clare & Co Galway, in terms of the historical relics, the natural landscape, and the very frenly people. One of the most interesting thing was seal bay at Inishmor, where we saw large seals in the natural environment. Dublin was interesting as well, with tonnes of Chinese migrants (which was interesting to me), and we walked all over the city to see all the sights. If there is anything that we did lots of, it was lots of walking, walking around Inishmor as well as in Dublin including the dock areas. Tried after the trip, but I think a week was just nice.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home