An Interesting Day
Finally went to do some shopping today.. its been such a long time. Recalled walking into paperchase at Covent Gardens, and the cool air, the smell, the whole experience of really shopping to kill time, its been too long. For a moment, tears of happiness nearly came out of my eyes. :p
Well, did not find much things interesting... as usual... there were some nice clothes which I cannot wear... haha... its just difficult lah... clothes are meant for people with good bodies... haha... but there weren't much nice stuff anyway.
What was interesting, was however when I went into Stamfords (which people should know is THE place in London which you should go if you want to get maps of any kind. Though they no longer make maps, and was taken over, the name remains, and they sell all sort of maps, and you could custom make it as well), and what caught my attention was the globe section. Yah, globes are interesting things... things you remind one of 'global domination' or something.. haha... but well, that was a section I never really did recall seeing people, but today, there were 2. What made it really interesting, was that there was an late-middle aged man who looks like a typically english, and there was a generally young lady. Alright, I'm not being sexist, but globes are something you usually associate with man, haha.. a symbol of knowledge and power, and it is so rare to think of women and globes. It just caught my attention, somehow.
After dinner, went to Royal Festival Hall, to view the commemoration of the closing of the hall for renovations. The London Philharmonia performed at the lobby area, and there was free-flow of wine and champagne (so cool...), and the whole atmosphere was wonderful. Tks to ZT, if not, I would have missed it all. Dinner was good though.. the food quite predictable... maybe I am getting a little bored by it, but company was very good.
As I began typing this, there were sounds of a cat-fight on the streets outside, and when I finally stuck my head out to take a look, the sound stopped, and then I noticed that the sun was rising. haha.. its 4am! gosh... I had no idea it was so late already. so, yupz, I'll stop here!
Well, did not find much things interesting... as usual... there were some nice clothes which I cannot wear... haha... its just difficult lah... clothes are meant for people with good bodies... haha... but there weren't much nice stuff anyway.
What was interesting, was however when I went into Stamfords (which people should know is THE place in London which you should go if you want to get maps of any kind. Though they no longer make maps, and was taken over, the name remains, and they sell all sort of maps, and you could custom make it as well), and what caught my attention was the globe section. Yah, globes are interesting things... things you remind one of 'global domination' or something.. haha... but well, that was a section I never really did recall seeing people, but today, there were 2. What made it really interesting, was that there was an late-middle aged man who looks like a typically english, and there was a generally young lady. Alright, I'm not being sexist, but globes are something you usually associate with man, haha.. a symbol of knowledge and power, and it is so rare to think of women and globes. It just caught my attention, somehow.
After dinner, went to Royal Festival Hall, to view the commemoration of the closing of the hall for renovations. The London Philharmonia performed at the lobby area, and there was free-flow of wine and champagne (so cool...), and the whole atmosphere was wonderful. Tks to ZT, if not, I would have missed it all. Dinner was good though.. the food quite predictable... maybe I am getting a little bored by it, but company was very good.
As I began typing this, there were sounds of a cat-fight on the streets outside, and when I finally stuck my head out to take a look, the sound stopped, and then I noticed that the sun was rising. haha.. its 4am! gosh... I had no idea it was so late already. so, yupz, I'll stop here!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home