Sunday, June 12, 2005

html - web

Been extremely serious of late... not sure why? Maybe its all the readings. But well, there were some distractions of late, and in particular, i started to try and figure out the language of 'html'.

Clearly, as people who see this site can tell, I'm not good at html, or maybe putting it bluntly, I SUCK! Clearly, I do, but I decided to take some (ok, lots of) time off my readings, to try to make sense of what html is about. I did learn lots of stuff in the last few months (ok, to me its like enormous because I know next to nothing... but it may be very very little to others.. haha..), and it was kinda interesting to try something new. I do like to learn and try something new, although it might be better if someone did try to teach me. sigh...

But if anyone is able to see, I have not been too successful at my html stuff... haha.. maybe I will finally find some time to figure something out, a nicer structure, before I return to Singapore. So, in the mean time, there will be some tryings here and there. I still can't get the food links to look right... not sure why... apparently, it looks alright in Netscape but not in IE! sigh... html is really another language to me, and speaking of which, I do have two languages in mind. Shall wait and see how that goes.

Not that I am always very serious... because I can be really crappy or naggy at times (which aren't really serious)... haha... but the web is such a fascinating thing. Apparently, the blog sphere among Singaporeans is HUGE! Far far larger than I expected to be, and it thriving with activity. I used to just read some of my fren's blogs, but its really interesting, the kinds of links that are out there. Of course, some are more interesting than others, and some extremely enriching, while there are those which I find a pain. haha... painful is the word... I saw it once because a Kelv introduced me to it, and the first time I read it, I thot, what a pain it was. Recently, after she got famous, and was even in the press, I read it again, and clearly, things are the same, maybe she just got a bit worse. haha... sigh... bitching is fine, but I guess it depends on how much and how one bitches... haha... which I guess has no real standards to compare to though...

But, I digress, which I sort of have a tendency to when I am thinking as I write (or at times, just plain thinking... that's how I get inspiration at times... but provided I remember after that). Came across an old article online, Singapore's blood money, which was quite interesting. I mean, such rumours have been going around, but such details are things I rarely come across. However, things are still not quite clear, and I guess they will never really be. Singapore does have many open secrets, and I don't really suppose that they are a matter of the past, but the future will probably bring more. Yet, the Myanmar (Burma) issue has been a rather difficult thing to say. I guess there are too many interested parties, too many different philosophies. I recall a forum not too long ago, hmmm..., actually I think it was Singapore Ink, which had a discussion on the engagement on Myanmar. I guess, these things are in a way linked, but they are also related in the sense that no clear answer can easily be found. Death penalty... well, that just complicated the picture. Not sure... not sure.

Was at The Shampan today, and the food was good. haha.. food has been good of late. We had fish with some paste which was really quite good, the usual Chicken Biryani which was soft today (the chicken), but the rice did not have as many raisins though... but good nonetheless. The nan was very good too, not too oily, and it was sweet, reminding me of the Chinese 银丝卷 or what some people know as 馒头. Quite bread like and sweet, and so it was very good. Had Kingfisher Beer, which was not bad too, sweet, and not too gassy like Cobra. I had a bad experience with Cobra once in Manchester... Indian food - buffet... gosh... the food was already so heavy and the beer was so gassy... haha... but tonite was good, not too heavy, just nice

Oh, btw, the jaw is getting better. At least, I can eat with much less pain, and I can open it a bit more. Maybe its a case of heaty. Bagladeshi today, and apparently Turkish tmr. Hmm, I hope dinner will be good tmr too! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home