Monday, May 02, 2005

The Mystery of "M"

Unlike most other sundays, today was unique (note: i said unique, not special), because after many times of saying it, we finally played bridge. haha... its been some time since everyone played bridge, instead of just ending dinner with 'back to work' or 'back to bed', or 'to bed'. Although so much time was spent on food/tea/safeway, I did get much work done, but it is a pity that I was not in a very good state of mind, but nonetheless, work was done, but it really could have been better. Tks to dear Jurgen Habermas, and my hard work at making sense of him... sigh..., the project is looking better and that's good. (Did consider putting my work in the blog, but i think it will be too long...). Left with one last part, which I need to make sense of how i want to present it, and to trim my conclusion. In a way, Murray was right, beyond my expectations, that I just might have difficulty articulating something which I thought I had already articulated. haha... very confusing yah... that's how it seems to be too. Writing a paper on the uncertainties that research in urban politics has to encounter, is a very confusing thing to do. haha...

Finally got the hang of this 'break' thingy. haha.. so, now I can do paragraphs.

Contacted Maria, and she said she will be away from 14-15 May, and well, I managed to work something out liao, will see what she says. Not sure where she is going for the conference, but it should be fun (in general). Not sure whether will get to see her grandkids, haha..., i wonder... Not sure what I should make for her as well... shall see that too. Must remember to ask her what kind of port to get...soon.
gosh... there I go rambling on and on about everything else, and forgot about what I wanted to say about "M". "M" is a James Bond character, and is the code name for the head of MI6 played by Judi Dench . But it was just an arbitrary alphabet, because I wanted an alphabet as a random alphabet, but unlike the common ones like X, or Y, at least no one in particular readily comes to mind with the alphabet "M". Guess "M" was an odd choice, and I should have expected it to become ambiguous and is more promiment than common ones like X or Y, sigh...
As usual, I do hope to finish off the last project by Monday, which is half way between today and tomorrow... :) , and maybe I just might put it here (since it is small and short). hmm.. i wonder if I could put a ppt here? hmm... will figure that out too. Cheerios...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home