Movies
Some people say, that I get impressed easily... and to some extent, I do.
But if there is anything which overwhelmes me most easily, it is perhaps, the power of motion pictures, with sound. Caught the Kingdom of Heaven today, and it really did caught a certain tendum in my heart and mind. Life, humanity, honour, and its ideas of conflict, religion, power. I did love the movie, something I would like to keep as a collection one day, one day. (Maybe sometimes, I do live in a world of my own, and there is no other time I feel thus, than when I leave the cinema with friends. When I like a movie, its usually the plot and ideas which inspire me, and when that happens, for those moments, I feel intensly emotional and thoughful, as the idea run through my mind. It is almost like I was sucked into the story, into the emotions and ideas. Yet, such thing don't happen to everyone (people usually thinkg about the acting, whether they looked good or bad etc..., but I rarely feel so) almost I would say, it does not happen to anyone around me. Just me! - => I must be living in a world of my own! :p )
I think that is why, I really hate movies which are plotless, or have weak plots. Or movie which I think are really dumb. Movie that do impress me, are a really odd mix. From things like Legally Blond I & II, Princess Diary II, Love Actually, The Wedding Date, to things like Lord of the Rings I, Star Wars II, Kingdom of Heaven, Tea with Musollini, The Road Home. Things that certainly fall out of this category thus far, are things like James Bond, Charlie's Angels, Romeo must die (terrible), Die Hard, which I do find entertaining, but I don't feel much, because, seriously, there isn't much in there. Things in between are like Shrek, Anastasia, League of Extrodinary Gentleman, The Grinch (nice song though). Well, I can't think of all the films I watched, but well...
Maybe I think too much, but when it comes to movies, maybe I feel too much. Some people claim that movie are places where people escape from life. I don't think I do so, but it is somewhere, where I seem to allow myself to be sucked into another world, and to be part of that world. If as I watch the movie, and I don't feel that I am waiting for the movie to end, then it most probably got me. I do feel so intensly during movie these days, especially, not sure why, but it gets me, too many a times. Maybe, I just let it get me.
Sometimes, I believe that one should not think so much, but when one needs to bear the consequences, I am not so sure, that any amount of thinking is bad.
I think that is why, I really hate movies which are plotless, or have weak plots. Or movie which I think are really dumb. Movie that do impress me, are a really odd mix. From things like Legally Blond I & II, Princess Diary II, Love Actually, The Wedding Date, to things like Lord of the Rings I, Star Wars II, Kingdom of Heaven, Tea with Musollini, The Road Home. Things that certainly fall out of this category thus far, are things like James Bond, Charlie's Angels, Romeo must die (terrible), Die Hard, which I do find entertaining, but I don't feel much, because, seriously, there isn't much in there. Things in between are like Shrek, Anastasia, League of Extrodinary Gentleman, The Grinch (nice song though). Well, I can't think of all the films I watched, but well...
Maybe I think too much, but when it comes to movies, maybe I feel too much. Some people claim that movie are places where people escape from life. I don't think I do so, but it is somewhere, where I seem to allow myself to be sucked into another world, and to be part of that world. If as I watch the movie, and I don't feel that I am waiting for the movie to end, then it most probably got me. I do feel so intensly during movie these days, especially, not sure why, but it gets me, too many a times. Maybe, I just let it get me.
Sometimes, I believe that one should not think so much, but when one needs to bear the consequences, I am not so sure, that any amount of thinking is bad.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home