Monday, May 02, 2005

Many a great MAN...

Was scolded last nite by Dian (as usual), for thinking too much. He even said that I was thinking more like women. In a way, it is right, in a way, he is wrong. He is right to say that I do think too much far too often, and that is not always a good thing. I tend to be more cautious, calm, thoughtful, despite my sporadic outburst of spontaniety. Perhaps, careful is a good word, but clearly, that is also not something that occurs very many a times. I am fine with most things, but when it comes to people, it is not 'politically correct' that I seek, but my desire that everyone can avoid unneccessary unhappiness or conflicts. This however, is not always a good thing. I know, in a way, saying all these things, is a clear manifestation of what is being said as 'thinking too much', and it was MANLY to do less of that, but that is where I beg to differ. Many a GREAT MAN, great white egoistic chauvanist, kept tonnes of diaries and wrote tonnes of letters. While much of these diaries and letters were indeed about their explorations, it is also replete with their worries and concerns in life. About their jobs, about their health, and even about their romances. Yet, while most people don't see these GREAT MAN as doing so, what basis is there that modern man should be aspiring to attributes of 'idealizations' of supposed and recognized egositic chauvanist? What kind of illusions should we hold up as the standards for today and tomorrow? I agree that I think too much, but if people believe that man should be any less thoughful, any less indecisive, any less sensitive, any less considerate, any less emotional, or any less non-violent, then they are denying the humanity within Men, and are only seeking to cheat themselves into being any less than they can be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home